Thursday, April 23, 2009

BAD MOM AWARD?

Today, I celebrate my 29th birthday. I have been kidding everyone that it will be my first of many 29th birthdays, but to be honest, I think next year I plan on embracing 30 gracefully. Today I have received flowers and balloons twice. I am so lucky. Everyone loves me :)
Now, the bad mom part. The kids have been arguing over the balloons. I got frustrated with dealing with them and decided I needed a time-out. I went to my room and sat on the bed, under the covers for about 4 minutes. When I came out, one child had all 4 balloons. That did it, I knew what to do. I took all 4 balloons and said, "If you can't share with each other, I'm not sharing with you." What a childish response! I can't believe I said it. Of course, now I must back it up, I said it, right? Who ever heard of a mom who won't share. Appalling! Oh well, Happy Birthday to me- still a child, I see.

3 comments:

Goob said...

LOL, well, hey, its your birthday, so you don't HAVE to share!

Hartson family said...

it's never been my strong suite

jej said...

No way - if they can't share then we don't need to share! :0)