Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What a day!


Well, I called Billy's doctor and he was on vacation... then I called the doctor who was covering for him and he was in surgery- and would be all day... so I was told to take Billy to the ER. Well, a friend (who is very pregnant and has two boys of her own) graciously offered to watch the little ones when I couldn't find anyone and we spent 3 hours at the hospital. It was such a relief not to have to take Ian and Carley. After reading magazines, drawing on the bed paper, playing the rhyming game, making a chicken out of a blown-up glove and blowing drinking straw papers all over the small room, the doctor splinted Billy's arm. It took forever. Once we got home and had lunch, the kids all took a nice long nap.
Tonight I managed to box up some of the kitchen- just 7 boxes... I have a lot more to go. Looks like I need more boxes. I've already had to refill the tape dispenser. I'll try to start earlier tomorrow. There's so much to be done. Hopefully on Saturday the entryway will get painted. I'm working on getting some volunteers.
You should have seen the kids smile when Dad called in a bedtime story tonight. They needed that. It's only been 2 days and we're all really missing Daddy. Well, more tomorrow.

No comments: