Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Kitchen Counter

Have you ever noticed how the kitchen counter is like a magnet? Truly. Kids' school projects end up there. Glue, tape and syrup- anything unbelievably sticky. Dirty dishes never seems to miss it- they can't seem to make it to the sink. Milk gets left on it- juice too. Receipts never fail to get lost there. I joke with Carl constantly about needing to find my counter. Foil and saran wrap never return to their drawer once they've hit the counter. Left over dishes, open peanut butter jars, the tape measure you can never find (and bobby pins?). I even found a half-used roll of toilet paper- set aside for nose blowing up there. Now you know why I have to clean my kitchen before making cakes.
Don't get me started on the top of the piano.
See Jodi- I'm normal- perhaps I'm even on the messier end of normal. No pics for proof, because lately I can't seem to download them to the computer, but I certify that this is all true.

3 comments:

meghan said...

kitchen counter, table...our house the clutter just jumps from one spot to the next!! somedays i wonder why i thought it would be nice to have a lot of counter space =)

The Copes said...

You are the best, and while you fall into the "normal" category, I also happen to know that you are a super mom who makes her own curtains, decorates killer birthday cakes, and does spontaneous craft projects with her cute boys. So, you can't fool me---but yes, you did make me feel better. You're the best!

the freestone6 said...

Glad to know I'm not alone! We have a small kitchen anyway but man does stuff seem to pile up on the conter and table!