Monday, August 18, 2008

Can't catch my breath

Talk about crazy busy. The house in Burlington is empty. We loaded up Saturday morning and unloaded Saturday evening. Thanks to all of you who came out to help in both locations! It's very full in our new little house, but everything's here. As soon as we can make some sense of it all, we'd love visitors. The house in Burlington also had one big zucchini in the garden and I harvested all of the carrots- there were enough to fill a 3 gallon bucket. There were only 7 ears of corn that were close to ready. Well, I know this will be a short post but I wanted to be sure to put one up today. I feel like I haven't posted in ages.
Carl and I are taking a class up at the community college and it's turning out to be a nice date night for us. We made trades and found babysitting for all but 3 nights of 10. We're so grateful to be among so many friends here. Well, I have to start on boxes and I need to mow. More soon... until then... goodbye.

4 comments:

The Copes said...

so does this mean you sold your house in burlington?

Hartson family said...

I sure wish I could answer that with a big YES SIR... but no. It's still for sell. We just decided it was time to start living where we currently live. Bringing our furniture "home" is a leap of faith.

Goob said...

oh do I ever understand about the "leap of faith"...of course our house is still sitting empty. Oh well. Glad to hear you got moved and are all together with all the things you need for comfy living.

Deena said...

I should get better about posting on my blog. I've been such a slacker...and really busy of coarse! Just wanted to say congrats on having the furniture at your house, I bet you're loving that it's finally done. I sure hope the other sells really soon!