Thursday, August 7, 2008

Swollen Eye and Caulking/Priming




Ian woke up this morning with his eye swollen shut. This sweet child of mine is my daily worry. I noticed a bug bite on his eyebrow Tuesday night. It looked a little irritated, but nothing terrible. I gave him some Benedryl and put him to bed. The next day the eye looked puffy. More Benedryl, but it didn't look too bad. Then, this morning, he couldn't even open his eye; so we're off to the doc this morning.
Carl had yesterday off so we decided to get some work done. After a day like yesterday I feel like I should be finished with these crazy windows. We scraped the old paint off a few weeks ago- that took a few days. Then Carl removed the old caulk and replaced it. After he was finished, I primed the windows. And now... we have to paint them. Luckily it's a one day job at best. But I must say besides feeling terribly sore, I do feel accomplished! The end of the windows is in sight. Then of course I'll need to clean them! ;)
We're doing well on getting sitters for the upcoming class Carl and I are taking at the community college. There are 10 classes and we have three sitters planned. We've only been asking for a few days. It looks like we'll make it. If you're interested in sitting for us the schedule is 6-9 p.m. Thursdays from Aug. 14th thru Oct. 16th. I will trade babysitting or cakes or your choice for your service!
More after Ian's doctor appointment, which we need to be getting to.

1 comment:

Marylois said...

Carly looks so big walking the dog!