Monday, September 15, 2008

Potty Humor

Okay, so if you don't enjoy kid potty humor, please read no further. I really felt I had nothing new or exciting to blog about until the following conversation happened tonight with my husband and 3-year-old.
Ian-sitting on the potty, Daddy- waiting to use the bathroom...
Daddy: Ian, do you need any help?
Ian: No, I'm just going potty.
Daddy: Be sure to wipe.
Ian: I don't want to.
Daddy: Here, let me help you, I'll show you how.
Ian: I don't want to, it's yucky.
Daddy: Ian, I'm not going to wipe your butt for the rest of your life.
Ian: I'm only 3. (with emphasis on "only")
Commense laugher...
Then Daddy proceeds to wipe Ian's bottom for him with a promise that Ian will have to do it all by himself tomorrow. Hahahaha!
Where does he get this stuff? Well, it sure was our highlight tonight.
At FHE we talked about King Benjamin and Ian lost all his animal cookies in his bag to the naughty bag because he wouldn't listen, stop talking or stay in his seat. It was so hard. Some days Ian does great and others not so much. Billy was wonderful. He listened and answered questions very well. Carley- at this age- is a lost cause. We keep truckin' along though, hoping in the long run it'll make a difference. Routine is everything, right? Well, I'm sure tonight our downfall was starting an hour late. Dinner wasn't ready until 6:15 (an hour late) so then everything got pushed back. Better luck next Monday.
Tomorrow is Mom School and my turn to teach. Billy's had some asthma trouble over the weekend, but did well today at home, so I'm sending him to school tomorrow. I hope Carley behaves during Mom School. I worry she'll be in the way. She often demands to be the center of attention. Ian's excited to have school tomorrow. I hope it goes well. New update tomorrow.

2 comments:

Deena said...

Ohhh, that's funny! I still have to wipe butts...too paranoid that they'll miss and get an infection. Particularly her. Anyhow, hopefully Carley behaves for mom shool!! I really need to upate.

meghan said...

those bean bags were super cute. cullan likes his a lot.