Thursday, September 11, 2008

Camping Trip






We went camping a few weeks ago and I realized that since I've been having trouble with the computer, I haven't had the chance to post new pictures. This includes Billy's first day of school. So, I'll be posting some pics today that are a little old- by just a couple of weeks. Camping is getting more and more fun the older the kids get. The boys are really becoming able to help- setting up the tent, gather kindling, and other small but important tasks. I can't say Carley loved the experience.. it was a windy day and she was not happy about the whole thing. Come bedtime Ian had a little trouble falling asleep. But we had a great opportunity to look up and see more stars than I have ever seen at one time before. It was breathtaking and mind-blowing. WOW! All in all it was a fun day and night, but after breakfast we were off to Grandma and Papa's new FEMA trailer. I think by then we were pretty ready to say goodbye to camping for the season. Swimming at Grandma and Papa's was a great highlight. Their neighborhood has a free pool and it was very nice. Well, I have to post about Billy's first day of Kindergarten and Ian's first day of Mom School. I've been missing a lot.

1 comment:

Deena said...

I love camping. Mine are constantly begging to go. Our camping season will start in about 2 months, it's just too miserably hot to do it right now. They love it though, and so do we. They are really awesome, low key, well behaved, and have no trouble sleeping. It's awesome :) I can't wait. The pictures look like you guys had fun. Ok, off to read your other! I was actually coming on to post one, but I'll get to it in a minute.