Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday- the 30th

Well, it's been a week since I began journeling through my blog... and while I know I can do better, I think I've done okay. I do like the way I can share my daily events and the pictures so easily. And if it's not important to the readers, they can just skip it and see cute pictures. It's nice for me to reflect anyway.
Today was Fast Sunday at church. I bore my testimony in the Sacrament meeting as I do from time to time. I know that God loves me and that he has a plan for my life here on the earth. He is always guiding me. I also shared my feelings that even little children can convey the love of Christ and the happiness his Gospel can bring. It is always good for me to partake of the Spirit of those meetings. Carley fell asleep just 10 minutes before church was over. I got her to the car and soon after arriving at the house, she woke up.
Carl and I talked to the kids about the prophet and apostles and their job here. We tried to help Billy and Ian understand that their job is to encourage and counsel the members of the church to be about God's business. We explained that the prophet and his counselors speak to God and He tells them what we need to know and focus on. General Conference is coming up again and this happens twice a year. It is truly our opportunity to hear the words our Heavenly Father has for his people. I look forward to it more and more each year. Before I sit down to hear the talks, I write down questions I feel I need answers to, and I get them answered everytime.
Well, on the homefront, Carley is learning how to crawl up the stairs. She is also getting better and better at pulling herself up to standing. We had to drop her mattress a few more inches so that she can't climb out of her crib. Billy is the leader in school tomorrow and he is supposed to bring snack and (for this week) a baby picture and family picture. So, I packed his bag with the pictures and 48 mini-muffins I baked in Halloween muffin cups. Another check for me. CCarl and I watched our show together- Extreme Homemaker. It, as always, was uplifting. Tomorrow Carl has a truck, so I am on mini-van duty- getting Billy to and from school. Ian and I are going to work on colors tomorrow and do some painting.
As for me, I've almost finished Ian's bow tie for his clown costume. Tomorrow I hope to finish Billy's pants and both boys' suspenders. I finished Puddin' Head Wilson by Mark Twain yesterday. What a great story. It has some very deep moments and thought-provoking situations. I really enjoyed it. Book Club is Tuesday- if I can find a sitter. Well, I'm sure I'll be sharing more later.
I hope you all can feel a little closer to me as I share my thoughts here.

No comments: