Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday

What a crazy and fun day...
This morning Ian and I enjoyed a special toddler storytime at the library. It's always nice to have time for just us two. He seemed very happy to have me all to himself. A friend of mine met me there and took care of Carley for the 20-30 minutes we were in storytime. Ian really enjoyed the songs, stories and fingerplays. It was wonderful for him to have all the attention for once. And when we came home it was like we had an inside joke with one of the songs we learned- Wally-atcha.
This afternoon our friend Ben brought Billy home from preschool and dropped off his son, Reid to hang out for awhile. Little brothers Ian and Oliver (whom mom dropped off) were thrilled to have their big brothers all here to play. We all had lunch- corn dog, chex mix, apples and apple juice. Then, we made chocolate chip cookies. It was really a blast. It was a dreary, rainy day outside, but inside was totally sunny.
This evening I had a church activity to learn about canning, freezing and dehydrating. My job is to plan the activities and find teachers. I learned a lot, enjoyed the time out, and the kids played pretty quietly in the gym with some others that had to come too. A mentally-handicapped lady, who loves Carley, was there and kept me busy making sure she was being careful with her. But you could see how she adored Carley.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Carl has a half day at work and it's Billy's first picture day ever. So, until then, bye.

No comments: