Saturday, December 13, 2008

Carley's New Girlfriend


Carley and our new friend Lydia had the best time hanging out together the past two days. It has been so fun watching her relate to another girl. She's usually around her two brothers- which sometimes means she must fight to have her way. Lydia just loved for Carley to show her her toys and they were so good at sharing with one another. It was fun to watch them in their pig tails and pacifiers on Thursday. By Friday they were good friends. They both cried when I separated them for nap. Thursday when they "rested" together (because there was no sleeping going on in that room) Carley stroked Lydia's arm in a sweet comforting way. I'll admit it does make me think Carley having a sister would be way fun. Though I'm not ready for another brother- so we're still on hold. Well, that's my post this morning. Sweet girls! Oh MG I can't wait for yours!
As for the status report, Carl's got strep... bad! And I woke up with a sore throat again- though manageable, not like the strep. Ian's coughing terribly and Billy is still zonked out sleeping. Carley's doing well this morning- no complaints. A huge box arrived yesterday from my mom and stepdad and brother and wife. It was bigger than the kids. WOW, what a shipping costs, for sure. Lots of great stuff- including a new camera. I'll be playing with that new gadget all day. I'm glad we waited for Carl to open it- he thought to remember that the presents might not be wrapped. He saved the surprise for the kids. They weren't happy to be left out of the opening though. Thanks MOM AND MIKE AND ANDREW AND JACKIE. Can't wait to get the kids reactions on film. Til next time. See ya!

1 comment:

Krista said...

This is awesome! I used to watch Lydia and she was scared to death of Tui. It is so cute to see the girls together!

Ps. Sorry I missed your party! I will have to chat with you about that one. Hope you had fun!