Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What you've been missing from the Hartson's

The Ward dinner was Saturday, so for days before I didn't post because I was too busy freaking out about getting everything ready. The dinner went well. It wasn't terribly well attended- due to sicknesses and families out of town. Also, dinner was 15 minutes late and Santa couldn't come. But I think we have been forgiven of these shortcomings. All in all I thought it was a nice night. Maybe we'll be kept on long enough to give it another try next year. So that was my week through Saturday.
Sunday I woke up with another sore throat- what gives! We did manage to get to church only to find the heat not working properly. We stayed for sacrament and then everyone was shuffled out. It was a wonderful testimony meeting. I especially enjoyed Bishop Keefe (still bishop to me, can't break the habit) and Sandra's comments. I only wish my children could have been more quiet so we could hear all of you who shared your testimonies. Carl left for Des Moines Sunday night.
Monday I ran around to a few stores returning the things we didn't use for the ward dinner so I can turn in receipts. I ended up spending more than I got back from returns. I let the kids shop for Dad for Christmas at the dollar store. I was just giggling at their choices for him. Billy picked gardening tools- yeah like Carl's the gardener. He does mow and rake and shovel, but garden-not so much. Ian chose coffee cups with scriptures written on them- very sweet, but they're cocoa cups at our house and we only drink cocoa a few times a year. Carley chose the most practical gift- bath poufs for shower gel- though I'm sure her choice was only a matter of sensory excitement. Oh well, the kids truly chose their daddy's presents and they were thrilled to wrap them last night. It was such a sweet time.
Last night we also delivered some homemade cookies to a few neighbors while it rained ice. We tried singing too, but the kids had stage fright. It was nice to visit with our kind neighbors. All of them let us into their houses- even with the wet boots and noisy kids. We're lucky to live amongst some wonderful people.
It looks like today will be a snow day. I have little motivation to leave the house. The snow is swirling outside the window. I know from walking the dog this morning that it's slippery out there. I can't imagine taking my three little ones out in this. Plus, I'm warm and cozy right here, thank you. Maybe I'll work on the photo calendars for my family. Hope you all are doing well.

1 comment:

Deena said...

Charity, that is adorable!! I haven't been ignoring you I promise. I saw that you called but our answering machine is TOTALLY screwed up and all the messages come across as static blended voices that you can't understand (helpful isn't it??). Call me tonight around 9pm my time. I thought I heard something about a picture and a background or something like that...no clue? Anyhow, I love how the kids picked the gifts, that's a great idea! I think I might do that with my 2 tonight. That would be fun :)