Monday, December 15, 2008

Packing Peanuts Catastrophe


First...Let me say that at the time this seemed like a harmless and even remarkable idea. I thought this would be a great way for my kids to have fun in the "snow" without the effects of the freezing cold weather or melting snow and therefore mud outside. When this box arrived I knew it would bring great joy to my children. My kids love large boxes. I underestimated the joy the "snow" inside would bring. Let's just say around here we enjoy Iowa snow and will never again accept Florida "snow" as a substitute. Did you know packing peanuts stick like syrup on the table!?! These things will not go away. They are in the bathtub, the washing machine, the carpet, the sofa, the vacuum, the dog... everywhere. Carl warned me not to allow them to play with the foam vermin, but I laughed it off saying he was being ridiculous and that they should be allowed to have fun... they're children. Wow, am I eating my words. The clean-up will be going on for as long as we live here, no doubt. But (hush, hush) it was a good time. My kids did have great fun. The pictures are worth it. So, just a warning, should you choose to let your children enjoy this kind of good "clean" fun, be ready to find little white fluff for a long time.

5 comments:

Krista said...

This is the kind of fun I need to let my children have!

Stacy said...

Yeah... we experienced that a few Christmases ago... I know what you are going through!

Ours started out as blocks... then cubes... and finally teeny, tiny balls that stuck to EVERYTHING... it was like static cling! In their hair, on clothes on the rug on the couch... EVERYWHERE!

Packing peanuts gone wild!

Deena said...

Funny!!

Goob said...

JP and his buddies filled the entire back seat of one of their co-workers cars while he was on vacation with packing peanuts. I'll bet he could comiserate with you.

Marylois said...

The wonders of static cling XD