Saturday, July 26, 2008

Funny Time, Dinner Time

Reach!!! What a reward for eating fish-
a chocolate covered marshmallow cookie.
We finally found a food she's not terribly fond of... fish.

Appropriate table manners? I think not.

So, apparently dinner is the new place for jokes in the Hartson house. After finishing my dinner, I showed my boys my plate. Then I asked what was on my plate. Billy said "Nothing!". I said that's right, I ate ALL my food. Then Billy responded with "And it looks like you have a baby in your tummy." So, my son now knows how to call someone fat without using the word. Great. I have to say though, it was pretty funny, even if it was a bit rude. And the laughter doesn't stop there. Upon nearly finishing their plates, Daddy told Ian if he finished his fish he could have a special treat. He showed Ian the treat and set it on the table in front of him but across the table. So, then Daddy asked Ian, what do you have to do to get your treat. And Ian says, "This" as he reaches his arm as far as he can across the kitchen table. It was hilarious. Well, that was dinner. More laughter awaits tomorrow I suppose.

No comments: