Friday, July 25, 2008

Just another day



Ian loves to help feed the dog.
The joy of cousins. Sleepy from hard playing,

they cuddle up in the airbed.



My girl of many faces. All of them sweet.





So, today began as most days do around here. A little cuddle bug joined me in bed (Billy, but they each take turns) and he was content to sleep next to me until his tummy told him to wake me. Then, I fed the kids and took the dog for a walk.

After that I became ambitious. I went to the neighbors' house and borrowed their mower. And in just 25 minutes I mowed the yard. It helped that their mower is brand new and so easy to use, even on my ridiculously overgrown lawn. The kids had a blast playing in the grass clippings. It was really a mess. They all had to shower in the basement before I'd let them come inside. Then I had to take Skittles for a walk in the rain. I managed to mow before it came, but if Skit misses his walk, I'm usually sorry later.

After dinner we had a little plastic canvas block war. We call these little guys, jingle blocks, each one is constructed from plastic canvas and has a jingle bell in it. There's one for every letter of the alphabet. It was a special Christmas gift from cousin Brooke and grandma. It was fun throwing them at each other. The kids did great for dinner tonight, not a normal thing. We had taco salad.

Tomorrow's plan is caulking the windows. I'm going to try to chip as much of the old caulk out in the morning and Carl will finish with the new caulk after work. So, it looks like a fun-filled weekend. I'm teaching Billy's Sunday school class for 3 weeks. So, tonight I think I'll start planning. Goodnight.

2 comments:

The Copes said...

Home improvments on a home you don't even own. You guys are beyond ambitious. We could use your caulking skills around here.

Hartson family said...

Well, scraping, caulking and repainting the windows are part of the rental agreement. We're getting free rent for almost 2 months for doing the work.