Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Playgroup and Petting Zoo






For playgroup, we joined some friends at the petting zoo today and boy we were in for a good time. The chickens were the highlight of our visit. The kids loved feeding them. It only cost 3 ice cream cone cups full for $1. We also fed them bread. When we first walked in the turkey made us all a little apprehensive. He pecked hard at the food and made me wonder if he'd be going for my hand next. It was scary. But once we dodged him we found a happy little group of chicks that just loved to be fed and petted.
Dad was able to join us for about half our stay there. He was on lunch. While he was with us each of the kids fed a pony and a donkey. Three carrots for $1. The kids really enjoyed our visit there. The goats and sheep were a little too up close and personal for me, so we didn't venture far in their habitat. We said hello to the big fat pig, but he was being a little lazy for conversation. There were also frogs, cats, a guinea pig and peacocks.
We saw three families we knew there at playgroup and it seems fun was had by all. Before we left the kids insisted on visiting the chickens again. The boys even got brave enough to pick them up and carry them around. Thank heaven for hand sanitizer, bathtubs, and washing machines. All came in handy today. We had a great time and will be back soon to visit our new friends- of the barnyard variety.

2 comments:

The Copes said...

I thought you said you were missing us. I'm not sure if I buy it. It looks like youre having too much fun without the Copes.

Hartson family said...

I didn't get the invite to the rodeo... so I had to go make my fun at the local petting zoo!