Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Roller Coaster

Well, I've had very low days since my last post and a few high days. It's been so hard to be optimistic in the face of potty-training accidents, a fallen-thru offer and lead paint scraping. Not to mention the stress of paying for two houses. But we have been trying to smile in the face of opposition and trials. We went to play putt-putt with the kids the other night and our neice was here too. She's was such a blessing, staying up to play games with us each night. She also helped out tremendously with the little ones. Although, dirty diapers still frighten her! We went to the park yesterday and I couldn't believe the agility of my 18 month old and the ability of my 3 year old, not to mention the fearlessness in my 5 year old. My kids are really becoming their own little people with a spirit of independence. I'm so grateful for them. And they're always saying the cutest things. I can't think of any right now. But I'll devote a post to it later.
I've been having lots of headaches lately. It must be time for new glasses. I just have to find a time and a sitter, to have my eyes checked out. I've been taking Tylenol 3-4 times a day. Outside of that, I've been okay. Though my back and legs are killing me from all the ladder work.
My soon-to-be sister-in-law loved the wedding invitations Krista helped me out with. She kept thanking me, but all I did was deliver them -mostly done- to Krista for the H's to be cut and glued and then I poked holes when I got them back. They really do look nice. I know Steph is proud of them. Thanks to KRISTA for all her tedious attention to detail.
I got some zucchini from Freecycle the other day and I made 6 loaves of Zucchini bread. I only have 1 1/2 left. Carl took 1 loaf to work- they loved it. One loaf went to his family in C.R. And a neighbor dropped by while they were baking, so I offered them one too. I can't believe how quick it's going. And there are so many others I wanted to share it with. I'll have to go to the Farmer's Market and buy zucchini, I guess. Well, I've got kids to clean up. So, more later.

No comments: