Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lesson Learned

So, on Sunday a friend spoke of choosing our attitude and yesterday I'd decided that that sounded like just what I needed... and I'm pretty sure the "teacher" was looking directly at me when sharing this advice. So, last night I chose to put a smile on and again in the morning, I put it back on. Then, I forgot this evening that I was wearing it and almost suddenly it withered away. And hence, I have learned, when you are focused on choosing happiness, it finds you with little effort. But, the moment you forget to choose it, negativity envelopes you. So, here we are trying to choose happiness and smile.
I have so much to be grateful for. Today I walked into a freecycle find of several cans of paint. Now, we needed primer and paint, but wow did we get more than we bargained for. I have paint for every room in the house. I'm so excited. I can't wait to start painting. I have greys, blues, beiges, whites, greens and browns. I even got wood stain and exterior paint and primer. It is thrilling to have just what I was looking for with no cost! And boy could this place use some paint.
Well, that's my thought for the day. And oh, today Ian told me in the sweetest way, "Mommy, you're a good driver." He was sitting in the backseat and I was driving so slow, feeling incapable of picking up speed, I was almost stuck at 30 mph. And when his sweet little voice said Mommy can drive cuz mommy is big, I just had to laugh a little. Then he told Billy, "You are too little to drive" and then "Carley is too little too drive". "But mommy is big so she can drive when daddy not here." Apparently I can't drive when Carl's home and because of that he never noticed my great capabilities until today, when Carl wasn't there to shuttle us around. It was cute at the time, and seemed cuter than it sounds now. Goodnight.

1 comment:

The Copes said...

Freecycle for paint? What a brilliant idea. If only they had that in Utah.