Monday, July 28, 2008

A Long Time Ago

Denver, CO
The Hohn Family - Charles, Darlene, Charity (baby) and James (age 4)

Sumter, SC

Charity's turn on the computer (probably 3 yrs. old)

James waiting for his turn (probably 7 yrs. old)

Panama, Panama

Glenn-7/8 (Andrew now), Charity-9, Dad, Bridgette-poodle and James-13.


Someone got me thinking about when I was little, growing up with two brothers and I just had to pull these pictures out for them. I don't have too many, but these I snagged. We were a wild bunch. And we were so busy. My mom always made sure to keep us active, she was a stay-at-home mom, until we moved to Las Vegas in 1990. My dad loved to teach us computer games. He was in the US Air Force. James was a boy scout and I was a girl scout. My mom was a troop leader for James' troop. If I remember correctly, James played saxophone. Andrew- Glenn- was always the comic relief. He kept everything light, and not so surprising he still does. My Mom and Dad divorced shortly after this bottom picture and I have to say, my childhood in these three pictures is a bit of a blur. I remember a lot about my life after these pictures though. But, I think I was I was a really happy child- a little moody as my parents inform me, but happy. I remember lots of birthday cakes and parties. We always had special cakes, they were my mom's trademarks. I have most of those pans now. My parents insisted on good grades when I was growing up. I remember being encouraged in band and other activities. My parents always had friends, even if we did move every two or three years. I was born in Denver, Colorado. We lived there three years. Our parents were married in Tampa, Florida, where their parents live. Then we lived in South Carolina (Sumter, I think). Three years there. I did gymastics there and Brownies . We were friends with the Kianna's next door- they were a Hawaiian family. In 1987ish we moved to Panama City, Panama during the invasion of the Panama Canal. It was a very interesting and enriching time of my life. We got coconuts right off the tree. We climbed star fruit trees and caught geckos for a dime a piece. A gardener, Luis caught a wild iguana and showed him to us. I have a picture of it somewhere. We also went bodysurfing down a large gutter during a rainstorm- that was frightening. We lived there until late 1989. The Invasion, not so happy of a memory. It was scary. Lots of noise. So 1990-1993 we lived in Las Vegas. In Vegas, in 1993 our parents divorced. We parted ways then. My little brother and I moved to Florida with my mother to grandma and grandpa's. Dad was stationed in Texas and James stayed in Las Vegas. It was very hard for all of us. So, that's a little about what I remember about growing up.

No comments: