Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wichita, KS - Museum of World Treasures












All in all this museum was pretty impressive. I especially enjoyed the exhibit on the presidents (2nd floor), but was a little frustrated that because the majority of it was on loan it was not allowed to be photographed. I wish I had prepared my kids for the mummies and shrunken heads and other oddities. They just didn't understand. We'll be checking out library books to teach them more this summer though. Our focus was the dinosaurs (on the 1st floor) and they came through with flying colors in captivating and putting this kids in awe. They were big and impressive. The fossils were awesome. They loved it. When we got to the 3rd floor there was a large play area for the kids, including a castle puppet theatre, a bouncy inflatible and ride-on toys. There was also a castle with throne and dungeon. The boys loved that. I think this is a nice museum and I'm glad we made it a stop on our way to Texas.

1 comment:

Goob said...

sounds fun! I love those little gems on that can be found on the road. There is a little dinosaur museum in New Mexico that is great. We hate stopping in New Mexico, but the museum makes it better.