Friday, January 16, 2009

A Dose of Embarrassment

A friend of mine let me borrow a few books and I devoured them. I really enjoyed them- even though I am not the kind to read vampire stories. Yes, I'm talking about the Twilight books. So once I finished the series I took the two remaining in my possession and put them in my temple bag, as I was going to the temple with said friend. However, the books managed never to make it out of the bag. The bag went into the van, into the temple, back into the van and then back into my home. Carl saw my bag on the bed in our room and put it back on the shelf in the closet and the bag was forgotten.
Last Sunday, my friend politely asked if she could have her volumes back. I was taken aback and swore I believed that I had already returned them. Obviously shocked she asked that I look around for them. I said that I would look but that I was sure I wouldn't find them. And I didn't. I looked everywhere- though I knew my deep Christmas cleaning would have produced them before now. I didn't know what to do from here. I didn't want to offend my sweet friend. But I couldn't find the books and knew I returned them.
Something told me to have her look in her van- that's when I wondered why I would have thought that. Soon after that impression, I remembered the temple bag. Last night I took it down from the shelf and looked inside and sure enough there they were. I am so sorry Melissa. I'll bring them to you on Sunday. I feel awful for doubting you that I still had them. I meant to return them during our temple trip and somehow in the fun we had, I forgot. They are safe and will be returned soon.

No comments: