Saturday, November 8, 2008

Christmas is coming

So, I took Skittles for a walk yesterday morning, as I always do... and besides being freezing I was in awe of how everything looked with a slight layer of fluffy snow. My children were thrilled at the snowfall and I even got an adorable call from two more snow lovers. I LOVE SNOW TOO! You may think I'm crazy, but it's beautiful and fun. Sledding, snowmen and snowballs, you can't have any of that in Florida. I really enjoy it, especially with my kids-although before they came Carl and I were a snowman-making, sled-crazy and snowball-throwing couple. The kids add to the fun tremendously. They race to put their snowpants and boots on. They always love new hats and gloves too-just like mom. So, to all of you whiners complaining that the snow is here already, I say *raspberry*. And the Christmas music is nerve-settling and with my nerves I'm appreciative. I feel like I have so much to be grateful for, even in my difficult circumstances. Look how lucky we are, what blessings we enjoy!

2 comments:

meghan said...

Ok while I am not as big of a fan of snow as you are I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!I am so excited to put my tree up and decorate i can hardly stand it.

Deena said...

Wow, you are just one big bundle of happy! LOL. I love the snow too, and miss it. We are still hoping and looking for a way to get back to Chicago. Pray for us...it's helpful...although I'm not highly religious, sometimes it helps to have family that is. You are the mac-daddy (or would that be mac-mommy?). Anyhow, love ya kid, your optimism is a nice breath of fresh air for me. I've been queen negativity for quite some time now :(