Monday, November 3, 2008

Pictures no longer

Unfortunately I gave up on my camera this week. It hates me. My kids come out in all my pictures white- with halos, gleaming like heavenly beings (like little angels mocking me for trying to preserve this special time). I must say, it has been a challenging Monday for me. A coughing and struggling-to-breath kindergartener. One tire on my van is flat. No action at the house for sale. No stamps for the rent that's due. Frustration. Irritation. Sadness. And yes, tears. I've been trying to focus on the good, the silver lining that is ever evident in my life... but I've lost track of the positive. The negative has enveloped me today. My kids are napping (tired and sick) and I'm going to take a break too.

6 comments:

meghan said...

I am sorry you are having a not so great day. I hope it gets better. If I can do anything let me know. don't forget i am your visiting teacher. i can bring you dinner or a stamp! =)

Deena said...

Wow kid, that sounds like something I would post! I'm sorry it's such a shivvy day for you. I hope it gets better and Mr. Billy starts feeling better. My little man is sick too actually...it's no fun. As for the camera, I wish I knew what was going on with it so I could help you! :( I love seeing pictures of the little people :) Chin up, love, things will get better ((hugs))

Hartson family said...

Thanks dears (tears)! It's nice to feel loved and I know you're both ever-so-willing to make it better. But I do appreciate the reminder that my friends love me.

The Copes said...

Hey,
I logged on hoping to see the unbelievable costumes that you undoubtedly made for your fam this year. So you get that camera working, and get updating. Also, if it makes you feel better, you have a whole family of fans in Utah that miss you, so keep a stiff upper lip, and go get yourself a good old movie. (After you fix the flat of course.)

Goob said...

Charity, I'm so sorry things are not going swimmingly for you. We miss you guys and think of you often. ( especially when the topic of Burlington HOmes for Sale comes up.)

Jolley's said...

You are the queen of positive and such a good example to me of that but sometimes life gets the best of things. We each have our different trials but they always work out. It will be ok. I will say prayers for you and it will be ok. We love you.