Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Strep

This all came on so quickly. I had a low-grade fever after a committee meeting Tuesday night, and all of that night was torture. Who knew that Strep was such a painful and tormenting sickness? I've reached temperatures of up to 103.7 and I've experienced chills where I shook so badly I could barely accomplish a thing. I've been weak and tired. And swallowing, yeah right. It has been a nightmare. Carl asked me if I wanted a blessing tonight and boy did I ever. Right after my blessing the fever left and I slept peacefully. When I woke up, even swallowing was a bit easier. Hopefully the Penicillin will take care of all this quickly. Thanks to NJ for helping me get Ian to his doctor appointment today. Thanks to KN for bringing over dinner and dealing with my dazed looks. And thanks to ML for helping Carl with the blessing. I can't believe what great friends we have here. I'm so grateful to be surrounded by people who care about me and my family.
Wishing you all a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Guess what... Carl made my pumpkin pies from scratch since I didn't feel well enough too. Isn't that too sweet! Hope your holiday is great.

1 comment:

Deena said...

Strep is AWFUL! I had it last year and thought I might die from it! Glad to read you're feeling better though :)