Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thankful Heart

I went to the Nauvoo Temple yesterday with some friends and what a fun day it was. I do miss the days of Burlington when I could be at the temple in just 45 minutes, but the drive this time wasn't all that bad. As always, at the temple I enjoyed a great feeling of calm and reverence. Afterwards we stopped by my house in Burlington and buried a small statue of St. Joseph. The theory is that St. Joseph was the ultimate in keepers of households. He protects and lifts families. And apparently, he is a great realtor. So, after receiving the statue in the mail from my father I promised to bury it as soon as I could. Well, he is safe in the ground and here's to good old faith in making this sale come to pass.
Little things my little ones have done that have brought a smile to my face this week. Carley pushed a dining room chair across a room (they're heavy) when she heard the water running in the sink. She insisted on helping me with dishes. What a blessing! Billy is paying closer attention to the scriptures when we read together. He's been asking lots of great questions- especially about Korihor. Ian is getting better about being sweet to his sister. He has been hugging her and tickling her lately- what an improvements. They do still have their rifts, but I can see their closeness improving. And then there's Skit... he loves the snow. On his walks he loves to run through the snow and sniffs at it wondering. He usually comes up with a muzzle covered in snow. I even caught his rolling in it!
Carl is another great source of happiness, as well he should be. He's been studying hard and happily letting me read too. He has also been a great help with the kids lately. Sometimes I walk in and they're reading or playing Candyland or he's already got their lunch going. Carl was surely one of the best choices I have ever made. I'm so grateful for him.
Well, the ward dinner is coming up and we have lots to plan to make it a success. Let me know if there's something you're itching to help with :).

1 comment:

Goob said...

I think its hilarious that you left the temple and headed straight to the house to bury a St; Joseph...lol
I wish we could come to the ward party, yours will be the best!