Saturday, November 29, 2008

The end of spelling out loud???

Today we learned that Billy is really getting the hang of this spelling/reading thing and that he is becoming a super-observant little booger.
We were in Wal-Mart doing a little shopping-the boring kind (laundry soap, lemonade, etc.), and Daddy said he couldn't wait for the boys to receive a t-o-o-l present from some relatives. Billy then says T-O-O-L and proceeds on sounding out each letter, eventually merging them into towel. Phew and Sigh! We got lucky with that one. I guess our days of spelling out secrets are almost up.
On the housekeeping side of things, Ian got his stitches out today. Carl says Ian didn't even flinch. Carley's had a bit of a fever, but she's doing okay. I only pray she didn't get my strep. Which, by the way, I'm feeling much better. A little tired and ouchy throat, but still much better. The Christmas tree is bare, but it is up. I'll be working on getting the lights on tonight, so we can decorate it tomorrow. Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Melissa Lasley said...

I love having the Christmas tree up, ours is going up tomorrow!