Saturday, February 14, 2009

Call for Fingernail Polish Stories...

This morning at 2 a.m. Carley joined us in bed... again! I hate this stage. So, when I woke up to an arm and leg flinging at me at 6 in the morning, I was not in a good mood. I did get up and grudgingly made heart pancakes. With everyone served we had breakfast and Carl and I exchanged gifts. I believe we were both more than satisfied with the presents we received, though not surprised. Now in a better mood I decided to try to make this a special day. After dressing my girl up in hearts I asked her if she wanted pretty fingers and toes like mommy. After all I had been pretty mean to her when she woke up whining. She was very excited about having pretty nails. It was her first time. I let her pick her color and away we went. She did surprisingly well. Then, I had a great idea- how about a glitter coat on top of her choice pink. How fun! Well, her patience is not that great. We finished up her toes and she threw something and knocked over the bottle. It looks like I got it all out of the carpet- but we'll have to wait until it's dry. Thank heaven it was clear with glitter. Now, any of you who know Carl- know he has an intense hatred of glitter anything. Let's just hope he doesn't find out! Do you have any polish stories that might make my day a little easier? I'm still stressing pretty badly about this little incident. And by the way, Carley didn't take long to make her nails look messy. Oh well, maybe I should've waited another year and maybe I will before attempting again.

No comments: