Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Past

I hold on to my past memories very tightly. Growing up was a challenge as I discovered who I am. I don't like to share those memories often- as they are complicated, intense, wonderful and a myriad of other descriptions. But sometimes I like to run them through in quiet moments to myself. There are people who I have loved very dearly and I hate to see their memory fading, so I often pull my memory of them out and indulge in appreciating my life for all it has been- and it has been many things. My thanks to my God weighs heavy in my heart when I think of how he has watched over me. I only hope the memories I have left with others are sometimes perused and enjoyed and not often dreaded when they creep their way in. Sometimes I wish I could connect again with past and departed friends and family, but I often wonder if it would really be good for us. Time always changes things. I think that's all I can manage for today.

1 comment:

Krista said...

I have felt the same, many times.