Wednesday, February 25, 2009

No Go

Well, on our way to Iowa City this morning, we received a call that neither of our two frozen blastocyst embryos had survived the thaw process. BUMMER. It was a hard thing to learn. And even though we were almost there, we immediately turned the car around and came home. I know it was best that we gave it a try, but I was sorely disappointed this morning to hear of it. I guess we'll have to try it the natural way.
It was a rotten day- mostly. I woke up at 3 a.m. with Billy vomitting. He kept it up all morning and obviously didn't go to school. At about 2 p.m. Ian struck a high fever and vomitted on the way home from the doctor in the car- yuck. Carley is still coughing too and has a runny nose.
My rather large sliver lining on this huge, dark, gray cloud of a day, was Carl's surprise that he's not taking us to my dad's for Spring break- he's taking us to DISNEY! WOO HOO. Without that knowledge I do not believe I could have survived this hellish day. He's been planning it for weeks and come to find out my parents are in on it.
So, sickness, failed transfer, upcoming Disney trip and now a vaginal infection that's keeping me up. It's certainly been a day filled with emotions.

3 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

Charity, I am so sorry! I was going to say that it seems you can't get a break, but a trip to Disney w/ the family is definitely a major perk!

Hartson family said...

It sure does it's work of consoling.

Krista said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry! I didn't even realize all this was going on. All I could think about was enrichment. What a bad friend am I.