Friday, February 20, 2009

Cryo Embryo Transfer

Well, for those of you that are following our baby progress... our appointment today in Iowa City showed my levels just where they should be. The ultrasound showed a healthy and ready uterus and ovaries of normal size and function. Wednesday we will thaw our two frozen embryos- at blastocyst stage- and they will be inserted into the uterus via a catheter. Two weeks later we will go to the lab to have a pregnancy test.
Things are looking good, however I must say the nervousness is sinking in. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love babies. But when Nurse Dee told me I could have multiples of 2 or 3, I wasn't ready for that reality. Of course, I have entertained the thought, but yikes! Anyhow, with lots of prayers and fasting (and maybe a blessing), we'll be hoping for a healthy pregnancy with little to no complications.
Then Nurse Dee explained that in the event they thaw our embryos and neither survive they will call us to cancel our transfer. That was a sad realization that we might walk away with 0. Now, don't get me wrong- the idea of twins scares me immensely, but the thought of having none from this cycle gives me a sinking feeling.
I feel well prepared for the coming reality- whatever it will be. Your prayers are ever appreciated.

3 comments:

Marylois said...

The more children you have the easier is gets to care for them because the older children can help more. However, the older you get the more tired you get while pregnant. I would say go for it. I have a niece who just found out she is having twins and my daughter-in-law has younger twin sisters and she says the are awesome!

Krista said...

You are always in our prayers! Things will work out! Hang in there!

Goob said...

It will all work out for whatever God's will is at this time. And remember, whatever the outcome, you've got hormones pumped into you that will magnify ALL of your feelings.
I wish you success in your transfer!