Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Haircut, Hard Day

A big thanks to Lindsay for my new haircut. Unfortunately I learned that she is not a miracle worker (though great at what she does) and I still look very much like... well, me. But a me with nicer hair. And her company this morning was a great deal better than hanging around my house.

Now for the frustrating part of my day- It seems I can make no one happy...
I got up at 5 a.m. this morning with my coughing kids. I decided blueberry pancakes and sausage would make for a nice change and proceeded with shuffling around the kitchen half asleep. Just as I was finishing cooking, Billy walks in and says, "I didn't want that, I wanted cereal". Dang it. Then, it was Ian's turn. He complained about taking Billy to school, even though I promised him a playdate with Wesley- he wanted to go back home. Then when getting dressed in winter garb to leave Wesley's he complained that he didn't want to go home- he wanted to stay there. Ah, toddlers, how fun they can be. Carley has just been difficult today. She is sick and has wanted to be held all day and everytime I could not immediately comply with her requests she fell on the floor in meltdown stage. Then when Carl came home after work, he saw my hair. He made the comment that he's not crazy about it- because it's too short. He says it looks okay, but he prefers longer hair. BLAH! Even the dog has been vexing me, he got away and refused to come to the back door. He went right to the front and waited for me to trudge through the snow and open the door for him.
So, goodnight. I am trusting tomorrow will be easier. Couldn't be too much harder, right?

2 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

We need a picture of the new hair! And I promise to absolutely love it.

Krista said...

Please tell me you are coming out on sat to olive garden! You need some girl time...where all of us can complain about everyone complaining to us!