Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday without Church, not without Religion

A few things I'm proud to say that I did right today...
  1. Sewed up a toy bunny Billy's been asking me to fix.

  2. Took a cute family photo allowing no time for changing clothes or combing hair.

  3. Made valentines with the kids, for the kids grandparents- and mine.

  4. Held Hartson Family Counsel.

  5. Discussed our kids' strengths and our parenting strategy with Carl after reading "The Functional Family" in the February Ensign.

  6. Made positive reinforcement charts for the kids shaped as CTR shields. After 15 stickers the kids can choose a movie at the video store.

  7. Decided on a solution to end dinner frustration of begging kids to eat. It begins with sandwich bags on the table. We are going to all eat together and when the parents are finished eating the kids may leave the table if they're "full". If they didn't eat, oh well. They can bag up a few things before taking their dishes to the kitchen. If they complain that they're hungry between dinner and bedtime, they can go to the kitchen and retrieve something from their bag. No dessert for kids who didn't make a decent effort on their dinner.

  8. And, to top all, I have raced to complete my dishwashing after each meal today.

For those who worried about me today, I have a terrible headache and stuffy nose. But these are only cold/sinus symptoms. I'm not terribly sick. Just sick enough that I don't want to share it. The kids' coughs are the kind I usually get dirty looks for when among others. So, we stayed home. Missed you though!

1 comment:

meghan said...

looks like you had a great day. we sure missed you saturday. but im glad to see that it looks like you guys are on the mend. I love that article in the Ensign. I read it a couple of times=)