Friday, October 19, 2007

Catching up...again

Ian is in the hospital this evening and I am planning catch up in all aspects tonight. My house needs cleaning, my blog updating and my laundry desperately needs catching up.
Last night we put Ian to bed, with just a runny nose, and he woke up a couple of hours later with a terrible cough. He was gasping for air and had labored breathing. We treated him with albuterol in the nebulizer and he seemed to be doing better, but not great. We kept it up through the night and morning. I called the doctor in the morning and he approved of the nebulizer treatments and told me to bring him in Saturday morning if he wasn't better or sooner if things changed. I thought he was turning it around and we went to a garage sale, the 25 cent kid sale I go to 2 or 3x a year. The kids watched a movie in the car, with dad's supervision while I shopped to my heart's content. Then, when we went home for lunch, Ian wouldn't eat. He wasn't even drinking well. And to top it off his breathing was getting worse. So, I called the doctor and we rushed in. The doctor saw Ian, gave him another albuterol treatment and then surprised us when he said Ian needed to be admitted. So, there he is, with dad, in the hospital. His breathing is still rotten, very labored. His heart rate is way up. So, this is where I drop off. I need to clean up. Pray for him.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Been there... done that! UGH! I know what you are feeling... We've had our own struggles with Oliver in the past having to be admitted for his asthma.

Now, with Jaren I think he'll be just like his big brother, Oliver. He's already got horrible eczema and breathing problems and I'm sure there will be an allergy or two or 5 in there somewhere!

Stinky!