Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sigh - 10/9

This morning when I woke up and let the dog out to go potty, I found that he pooped in his crate- which he has only done once since we brought him home. So, I cleaned his crate, toys, dishes and him- all at 6 in the morning. Then I got the kids to the van- early- to take Billy to school and the van had a flat (which had been looking low). So, I filled the tire with air- with the pump on the car and took Billy to school. It was lucky I had that pump. Then I rushed over to the dealership to get the car in. They said it would be just 20-30 minutes. Luckily, I refused to believe them and had them take me, Ian and Carley to the library- where we were just in time for story time. (Ian did not like the ride in the courtesy van). Carley was smiley and intrigued by all that was happening at story time. Ian, however, was only interested in doing puzzles. We did, however, win a drawing for a free Domino's pizza. :) My friend Jodi encouraged me not to wait at the library for the courtesy van, so we all joined her and her toddler in a trip to Target. While at Target she let me in on the reason for her need to break at the snack bar- she's pregnant (over 4 months). I had my ideas- but to hear it confirmed was such a surprise and a great blessing. She and I share so many similarities. It really helped to make my day happier. We picked up the van and then our preschool boys and we parted.
I took the kids to dad's work and we took him out to Burger King. The kids really enjoyed this move from the ordinary. And Carl was in for a long day, so I felt it was absolutely necessary to steal him away. When we got home I put Carley down for her nap and then laid down myself on the couch while the boys watched Veggietales. I felt very fatigued, feverish and achy. My neck has been hurting for 2 days and after every meal I feel sick to my stomach. The rest of my day was icky. I just haven't felt well at all. I made an appointment for 8:45 tomorrow to get checked out. I had to skip on the dinner at church tonight- couldn't go feeling like this. My fever has subsided and I haven't eaten much to be nauseous about. My neck still feels awful though. So, I'm going to turn in so I can get some rest. Goodnight.

No comments: