Saturday, October 6, 2007

Friday & Saturday, 10/5 & 10/6




Wow, it seems like many more than 2 days since I've written. Tonight was scary. After dinner we were cleaning up toys while sleepy Carley screamed at the top of her lungs protesting for an early bedtime. Then, Ian started running towards me in the kitchen crying and looking frantic. I figured he was protesting cleaning up- again. But the blood quickly alerted me otherwise. I scooped him up and saw that it was a pretty deep cut in his eyebrow, so I set him on the kitchen island and made an ice bag, wrapped it in a towel and called Carl. I told him it looked pretty bad and that Ian needed to go to the hospital. In less than 5 minutes Carl was home to take him. In less than 10 since the incident, Ian was in the car and off to the E.R. The doctor did not think it was deep enough for stitches but used some kind of glue to close to wound. He said it would flake off within a week or two. He'll probably have a scar. So, that was my crazy evening.

The day started off slow. We went to 2 garage sales- one at Billy's school (a church) and another on the way home. I spent all my money. I got Carley two cute dresses and a me a tabletop ironing board for my sewing. The boys found lots of books. Just odds and ends outside of those.

We came home, had lunch, I put Carley down and I tuned in for conference. General Conference happens twice a year (Apr. and Oct.). It is when the general authorities (prophet, apostles and other leaders) address the members of the church with timely messages. There are four general sessions- 2 hours each. There were 2 today. I love that I can watch it from home now. My old computer or internet or something wasn't quite fast enough to watch it live. But the new computer is great for audio and visual. It is always uplifting to hear the words of conference. It seemed to be pointed a little more towards non-members and new members today. But, hey, it never hurts to hear basic counsel again. We'll have two more sessions tomorrow.

As for Friday it was a lot of fun. We decorated the front of the house and yard for Halloween. We hung skeletons on the porch and stuffed a large spider with leaves and ghosts for the bushes and pumpkins for the walk. The kids really had a good time. Then we spent the rest of the day cleaning. That night we babysat for some friends of ours for date night. It's our turn next Friday. I'm really excited about this arrangement. It means we'll get to have two dates every month without babysitting charges. We also had the missionaries over for dinner along with the 2 and 4 year olds of our friends'. It was crazy, but fun. The boys (all 4) really seemed to enjoy themselves- as they always do when they're together. Well, I'll report on the rest of general conference tomorrow. It airs at 11-1 and 3-5 tomorrow on lds.org. I use the tv station's link from that webpage.

No comments: