Saturday, October 13, 2007

Friday & Saturday, 10/12 & 10/13






Our Friday was so crazy I forgot to post a new message to my blog.

We came home from Carl's parents place Friday morning and went straight to Kathy's Pumpkin Patch to meet friends. Jodi & Ben (and kids) and Brennan and Todd met us there and we did a hayrack ride, picked pumpkins from the patch, walked a bean maze, played in a corn pool and lots of other seasonal, fun things. It was a nice afternoon. Once we got home we unpacked from our trip to Carl's parents on Thursday and took a rest. Then we fed and bathed the kids and got ready for a temple trip. It was date night and it happened to be ward temple night, so we went to the temple together. We got caught on the bridge by a barge- and even though we were late, they still let us into the session. We were relieved! It was such a spiritual trip. I really felt enlightened and at peace. I learn something more everytime I attend the temple. On the way home we hit a barge on the bridge again-two in fact! We didn't pick up our kids until 10:30.

Today was a normal Saturday... laundry and cleaning. I also painted with the kids. We used Q-Tips and mixed colors. The idea of painting came after Billy asked for purple milk! I poured the milk and had Billy drop in red and blue food coloring and then we stirred it. Voila- purple milk. So, I showed the boys how to mix colors while Carley napped. It's been a pretty uneventful day. And for that, I'm so grateful. I really could have used a quiet day- and it gave me a chance to unwind. I only wish I would have got some reading done. But I spent lots of time with my little ones and the dog- who has been hanging out with us in the same room often and through the day.

No comments: