Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mom's Doctor Visit & CARLEY CLAPS





First thing this morning I went into the doctor. My visit with her was short, but I hope productive. She ordered some blood tests and suggested an ultrasound of my gall bladder. She suspects gallstones. I'm supposed to call first thing tomorrow and get the blood results. She said it could be a number of things, so the blood work is the first step.

We signed the paperwork for our home equity loan today. Although, we're not sure the roofer will be able to get to our job before the winter hits. We're looking into finding another roofer. We want to get a good deal since we're paying cash. In January the heating/cooling guy is going to complete his job getting the laundry room and guest room on the central heating system. Unfortunately, he's helping his son build a house, so he's booked until the second week in January.
I got some pictures developed for my scrapbooking. I have got to get moving on that. I haven't done anything since I finished Carley's birth pages. My goal before the end of the year is getting Billy's preschool pages done and then Christmas last year. I love to scrapbook, but it takes a lot of time and isn't easy to do with little ones around.
On to the great news of the day... After Carley finished her dinner and began to get fussy I picked her up and set her on my lap while I was working on something else. She caught my eye when I realized how entranced she was. Her eyes couldn't leave her hands. She brought them together excitedly and then over and over again. She clapped and it thrilled her. The boys and I clapped for her. We were all so excited. Having 3 little ones, we all do a lot of clapping here. I'm glad she picked it up on her own, but sorry I can't say I tried to teach it to her. Carl has been playing pat-a-cake with her recently.
Tomorrow is Carl's day off. After Billy finishes up at school and we have some lunch, we are going to his parents to celebrate their anniversary with them. We've been asked to wear white shirts and jeans for photo opportunities. All my guys are wearing their dress shirts and Carley has a white onesie with a cute collar. I'm out of luck- I only have an old turtleneck and a maternity shirt- neither fit. Gotta go make the cake for tomorrow.

No comments: