Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday 10-4- good buddies

Another trip to the grocery store- everything's going up in price. We have to shop at 3 stores just to get the best deals and be able to buy a month's worth of food at a time. We didn't do much else today. As a family we played Hungry Hungry Hippos. That was fun. We missed a homecoming parade just a few blocks from our house. That would have been nice to catch. The dog's been throwing up tonight. If he's still sick tomorrow it'll be another trip to the vet for us. I'm starting to become discouraged in being a dog owner. There's always something wrong. He always needs a bath or a brush. He still isn't really great at going outside to potty. And while he is trying to like us- he still isn't coming to us or being really friendly. Maybe I'm just feeling negative tonight and taking it out on him- since I keep having to clean up his puke. Can't say this is a day to hold onto.
Tomorrow Billy has a follow up asthma appointment (meaning full-price because he's well). We're also feeding the missionaries and watching our friends boys for date night. We'll get our chance next Friday. So, we'll probably spend the day cleaning up and running errands, as usual.
Sometimes I just wish we could do something fun and unexpected. I wish I could be so together in things like daily cleaning and cooking that I didn't feel guilty pulling out all of the stops and having a fun and messy activity that wasn't planned. It seems like when I do that, everything else falls apart- but the kids are happy. I just want to be great at it all- cleaning the house, keeping the kids engaged in fun activities and being a heartfelt and sincere wife. I usually feel like I'm doing well in one or two of those areas, but never all three at the same time.
Well, better luck tomorrow.

No comments: