Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Toddler Storytime & Book Club


These are older pictures of Billy with his friends at the park. Eden is the only girl. The boy in blue is Hayden, Gabe has a yellow shirt and the boy in red was a one-time visitor at playgroup. The pictures are just to give you a visual in to Billy's secret involving Eden.


Tuesdays are always a pleaser and this one was no different. This morning after dropping off Billy, we went to the library for Ian's toddler storytime session. It was about bears. My friend Meghan (Eden's mom) pushed Carley in her stroller while she cried during most of our 25 minute session. Ian did okay. He was reluctant to join in, but eventually did well. After he got his bear stamp on his hand and I relieved Meghan from Carley, we went to Walgreens and picked up some perscriptions we filled for our storage. Then with Ian's help we cleaned out the van. After picking up Billy and having lunch we made a paper chain to count down to Halloween. Billy's really excited about it. And I had them count the 30 links. Billy did pretty well. We lost Ian after 12.
We finished our day off and got in our jammies and the kids went with me to Book Club. Carl couldn't get the time off and I couldn't find a sitter. Billy and Ian went down to the toyroom in our friend's basement with Eden (Megan's daughter). I tried to lay Carley down in a pack n play, but she wasn't havin' it. So, she joined us for chocolate fondue and book discussion about Mark Twain's Puddin' Head Wilson. It was such a fun time. On the drive home I was asking the boys about their playtime and it was obvious they had a blast. Ian didn't leave the toyroom for the whole hour. Billy came up twice.
I asked Billy if he had fun with Eden. He said that he wanted her to play bad guys, but she didn't want to. They played kitchen and then pirates. Then he told me the cutest thing. He said mommy I put my hands on her face. And I said did you put your hands on her cheeks. He said yes. I asked if he put them there softly or if he squished them. He said he squished them (it's something we do with Carley and mommy does to all babies). I asked him if he liked Eden and he said yes, she's really nice. Then he said I like to kiss girls mommy, but just you. Then I asked if I could tell Grandma Darlene about him touching her cheeks and he said, no, that it was a secret and we couldn't tell anybody. He said we have to keep it in our hearts. We can only tell if someone kisses our hand. YIKES! Isn't that just too cute.
It was a fun day. Although, book club and storytime always make for a marvelous day for me. Tomorrow is Wednesday and nothing much happens on Wednesdays for us. I sometimes walk with a friend with the little ones in a stroller, but after the rain we've been having all day and night, it might be to soggy. We'll see. I might get close to finishing the costumes tomorrow night because my friend Jane's coming over. That might mean more pictures. 'Til then.

No comments: